The famous SPRING CYCLE VOLUNTEER TEAM sees 400+ volunteers help make Spring Cycle an amazing day for all of the riders! There is a position for everyone and we encourage you to sign up today!
Questions – volunteer@bicyclen
- Shifts are between 4-6 hours long
- Each area looked after by a Bicycle NSW volunteer Team Leader
- Attend briefing session to understand your role, the event and everything that is involved!
- Group Volunteering opportunities available! For your community, corporate or friendship group. Look after one whole area together. If this is you, please get in touch.
Event Day Volunteer Roles
- Route Marshal – the smiling faces along the route directing riders
- Site Assistant – helping hands at the start, finish and rest stops
- Ride Crew – the incredible mobile mechanics helping with punctures and minor mechanical repairs along the way
*for this role you must have your own bike, helmet and tool kit
- Logistics Assistant – can you drive a 3 tonne truck or a 12 seater bus? Help us make sure the behind the scenes run perfectly and all equipment is in position when and where it is meant to be!
- Team Leader – wonderful team of dedicated volunteers who look after an area and volunteers on the day
Pre/Post Event Volunteer Roles
- Signage Crew – VIP role to make sure all arrows, caution and signs are pointing in the direction so everyone knows what is going on! Great chance to develop Event Management skills.
- Site Set Up – Saturday 15th Oct at the start and finish sites
- Bag Packing – All those 400 bags for the volunteers need to be packed, and you can help us out with that!
- Equipment Packing – Help out the Bicycle NSW team in the week prior to the event by sorting and packing all required equipment for the event day.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Bicycle NSW volunteer uniform (t-shirt, hat and bag)
- Meal pack and water
- Event manual and briefing session
- ID card
- Opportunity to ride part of the Spring Cycle for FREE*
- Chance to win some great ‘Volunteer Only’ prizes
- Great day helping make a great day possible while making some great new friends!
*Dependent of your volunteer role and location. All volunteers must seek approval from the volunteer managers first
What do the volunteers have to say?
“I really want to share my happy experience to more people and accelerate more people to join this volunteer team. Gear Up Girl was my first time to be a volunteer and I really enjoyed it. I appreciate that you gave me this opportunity to have fun at this event and meet some new friends. All riders crossed my spot saying ‘thank you’ to me, even gave me hi-five. I can still feel the exciting feeling now.”
Cynthia (Zhang Lingya)