50km Classic Ride
For those looking for a challenge this route takes in the best of the City along the City Ride route before taking riders through the Inner West and into Sydney Olympic Park.
• Distance: 50km
• Average Speed: 15-25kms per hour
• Start Time: 7:00am
• Start Location: St Leonards Park, North Sydney
• Finish Location: Cathy Freeman Park, Sydney Olympic Park
• Entry Fees: Please visit our ride prices page here to access ride pricing.
• Age restriction: Children are allowed to ride on a parents bicycle in this ride (up to the age of 12). Children who wish to ride independently on their own bicycle must be 12 years or older. Those who are 15 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
If you have not passed these points within the specified time, you will not be able to complete the ride under event conditions. The cut-off times are as follows:
• North Sydney Railway Station – 07:35am
• St Leonards Park Start Venue – 07:50am
• Harbour Bridge on-Ramp – 07:55am
• King Street & Sussex Street, Sydney – 08:40am
• Murray Street & Darling Drive, Pyrmont – 08:50am
• Johnstons Creek Bridge - 09:30am
• Richard Murden Reserve, Haberfield – 10:00am
• Halliday Park - 10:30am
• Observation Tower Cycleway, Sydney Olympic Park – 11:30am
Each ride is equipped with Route Marshal Volunteers, Ride Crew Bicycle Mechanics, a Sweep/Support Bus, Police, Qualified Traffic Controllers, First Aid Response Teams.
There are two Rest Stops along the route. All Stops have water and toilets. Most venues have first aid and some of the venues will also have bike mechanics and food. They are situated approximately every 10 to 15 km.
|Stop||Location||From Start||From Finish||Venue Open||Venue Close|
|Start Venue||St Leonards Park (Miller St North Sydney)||0km||50km||6:00am||8:30am|
|Rest Stop||Richard Murden Reserve (Haberfield)||20.0km||30.0km||7:00am||10:00am|
|Rest Stop||Meadowbank Park (Meadowbank)||35.5km||14.5km||7:30am||12.30pm|
|Finish Venue||Cathy Freeman Park (Sydney Olympic Park)||50km||0km||8:15am||2:00pm|