50km Classic Ride
The 50km Classic Ride is for those who are looking for an adventure. This route takes in the best of the 10km Sydney City Ride including riding over the spectacular Harbour Bridge, past the Opera House and historic Rocks area, before exploring the diverse Inner West and venturing out to Sydney Olympic Park for a festival finish and cycling expo.
For those looking for a challenge this route takes in the best of the City along the City Ride route before taking riders through the Inner West and into Sydney Olympic Park.
- Distance: 50km
- Average Speed: 15-25kms per hour
- Start Time: 7:00am
- Start Location: North Sydney (map & transport)
- Finish Location: Olympic Park (map)
- Age restriction: 12yrs and older, under 17yrs children must ride with paying adult.
If you have not passed these points within the specified time, you will not be able to complete the ride under event conditions. Cut-off times:
- 8:40am – Pier St & Darling Drive
- 9.45am – Pioneers Memorial Park
- 10.30am – Halliday Park
- 11:45am – Bicentennial Park Shared Path & Observatory Tower Shared Path
- 11.45am – Kevin Coombs Avenue & Olympic Boulevard
Each ride is equipped with Route Marshal Volunteers, Ride Crew Bicycle Mechanics, Sweep/Support Bus, Police, Qualified Traffic Controllers, First Aid Response Teams
|Stop||Location||From Start||From Finish||Site Open||Site Close|
|Start Site||St Leonards Park (Miller St North Sydney)||0km||50km||6:00am||8:30am|
|Rest Stop||Pioneers Memorial Park (Leichhardt)||16.5km||33.5km||6:45am||10:00am|
|Rest Stop||Halliday Park (Five Dock)||22.5km||27.5km||7:00am||10:45am|
|Rest Stop||Meadowbank Park (Meadowbank)||35.5km||14.5km||7:15am||12.30pm|
|Finish site||Cathy Freeman Park (Sydney Olympic Park)||50km||0km||7:30am||2:00pm|