50km Classic Ride
For those looking for a challenge this route takes in the best of the City along the City Ride route before taking riders through the Inner West and into Sydney Olympic Park.
- Distance: 50km
- Average Speed: 15-25kms per hour
- Start Time: 7:00am
- Start Location: St Leonards Park, North Sydney
- Finish Location: Cathy Freeman Park, Sydney Olympic Park
- Age restriction: Children are allowed to ride on a parents bicycle in this ride (children under 12 years must ride on a parents bike). Children who wish to ride independently on their own bicycle must be 12 years or older, and those 18 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
If you have not passed these points within the specified time, you will not be able to complete the ride under event conditions. The cut-off times are as follows:
- North Sydney Railway Station – 08:15am
- St Leonards Park Start Site – 08:30am
- Mount Street On-Ramp, North Sydney – 09:00am
- King Street & Sussex Street, Sydney – 10:30am
- Murray Street & Darling Drive, Pyrmont – 08:40am
- Richard Murden Reserve, Haberfield – 10:00am
- Observation Tower Cycleway, Sydney Olympic Park – 11:45am
Each ride is equipped with Route Marshal Volunteers, Ride Crew Bicycle Mechanics, a Sweep/Support Bus, Police, Qualified Traffic Controllers, First Aid Response Teams.
There are three Rest Stops along the route. All Stops have water and toilets. Most sites have first aid and some of the sites will also have bike mechanics and food. They are situated approximately every 10 to 15 km.
|Stop||Location||From Start||From Finish||Site Open||Site Close|
|Start Site||St Leonards Park (Miller St North Sydney)||0km||50km||6:00am||8:30am|
|Rest Stop||Richard Murden Reserve (Haberfield)||20.0km||30.0km||7:00am||10:00am|
|Rest Stop||Meadowbank Park (Meadowbank)||35.5km||14.5km||7:30am||12.30pm|
|Finish site||Cathy Freeman Park (Sydney Olympic Park)||50km||0km||8:15am||2:00pm|