20km River Ride
Our 20km River Ride explores the heart of cycling in Sydney. You'll learn about some fantastic cycle paths to take your family and friends on all year round. Not to mention an action packed finish festival in Olympic Park, showcasing some of cycling's greats.
• Distance: 20km
• Average Speed: 10-20kms per hour
• Start Time: 8:00am
• Start Location: Cathy Freeman Park, Sydney Olympic Park
• Finish Location: Cathy Freeman Park, Sydney Olympic Park
• Entry Fees: Please visit our ride prices page here to access ride pricing.
• Age restriction: Children are allowed to ride on a parents bicycle in this ride (children under 10 years must ride on a parents bike). Children who wish to ride independently on their own bicycle must be 10 years or older, children 15 years or younger on the day of the ride must be accompanied by an adult.
If you have not passed these points within the specified time, you will not be able to complete the ride under event conditions. The cut-off times are as follows:
• Meadow Bank – 11:00am
• Cathy Freeman Park – 1:00pm
Each ride is equipped with Route Marshal Volunteers, Ride Crew Bicycle Mechanics, a Sweep/Support Bus, Police, Qualified Traffic Controllers, First Aid Response Teams and a Last Rider to assist you throughout the ride.
There is one rest stop along the route. This stop will be equipped with water and toilets. Most venues have first aid and some of the venues will also have bike mechanics and food.
|Stop||Location||From Start||From Finish||Venue Open||Venue Close|
|Start Venue||Cathy Freeman Park (Sydney Olympic Park)||0km||20km||7:30am||2:00pm|
|Rest Stop||Meadowbank Park (Meadowbank)||9km||11km||7:30am||12.30pm|
|Finish Venue||Cathy Freeman Park (Sydney Olympic Park)||20km||0km||7:30am||2:00pm|