18km River Ride
Our 18km River Ride explores the heart of cycling in Sydney's west. You'll learn about some fantastic cycle paths to take your family and friends on all year round. Not to mention an action packed finish festival in Olympic Park, showcasing some of cycling's greats.
- Distance: 18km
- Average Speed: 10-20kms per hour
- Start Time: 10:00am
- Start Location: Pavilion Flat, Parramatta Park
- Finish Location: Cathy Freeman Park, Sydney Olympic Park
- Age restriction: Children are allowed to ride on a parents bicycle in this ride (children under 10 years must ride on a parents bike). Children who wish to ride independently on their own bicycle must be 10 years or older, children 16 years or younger on the day of the ride must be accompanied by an adult.
If you have not passed these points within the specified time, you will not be able to complete the ride under event conditions. The cut-off times are as follows:
- Pavilion Flat, Parramatta Park - 10:30am
Each ride is equipped with Route Marshal Volunteers, Ride Crew Bicycle Mechanics, a Sweep/Support Bus, Police, Qualified Traffic Controllers, First Aid Response Teams and a Last Rider to assist you throughout the ride.
There is no designated rest stop along the route. The start and finish sites on the ride will be equipped with water, toilets and first aid officers, along with food, bike mechanics and live entertainment.