High Fibre Power Porridge
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons wheatgerm
- 2 tablespoons ground soy linseed mix
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 250ml reduced fat milk
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 4 sugar bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
1. Put the oats, wheatgerm, soy linseed mix, sunflower seeds, orange zest, mixed spice and 4 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring porridge to the boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat and simmer for 5- 10 minutes or until the oats are soft and creamy.
2. Spoon the porridge into individual bowls, pour over the milk and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Top with sliced banana and pistachio nuts.