Pasta Salad with Chicken and Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cooked chicken, meat removed
- 200g wholemeal or high fibre short cut pasta (we used high fibre spirals)
- 100g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths (1 cup)
- 2 handfuls (60g) baby rocket leaves, washed and dried
- 1 x 200g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds
- 1 handful of fresh sage leaves, stalks trimmed and chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate arils (seeds) to garnish
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 2000C. Mix olive oil and crushed garlic. Brush onto cauliflower pieces and roast for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions (boil for 10-12 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Quarter cherry tomatoes and chop sage. Prepare pomegranate.
- Cook green beans in the microwave for 1 minute on high and set aside (or steam using a pan on the stove).
- Tear the chicken into bite-sized strips and place them in a large bowl. Add the rocket, beans, pasta, tomatoes, sage and almonds.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small jar and pour over salad. Toss to coat with dressing.
- Serve with pomegranate arils as garnish.
Why not try switching pomegranate arils for dried cranberries or even purple seedless grapes?