Salmon, Ricotta and Quinoa Cups
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 fresh corn cob, husk removed
- 6 large eggs
- 200g reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 210g can red salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 cup gated zucchini (1 small-medium)
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese
1. Grease a 12-hole (1/3 cup capacity) non-stick or silicone muffin tray. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan-forced).
2. Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, simmer covered for about 10 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove. Stand covered for 10 minutes.
3. Cut corn kernels from the cob.
4. Whisk the eggs and ricotta in a large bowl until combined. Stir in quinoa, corn, salmon, zucchini, shallots and grated cheese.
5. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tray. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until set and light golden. Stand quinoa cups in muffin tray 10 minutes, then loosen edges and remove. Makes 12.
Tips: Recipe can be prepared a day ahead. Keep cooked quinoa cups refrigerated in a container until required. Try serving quinoa cups warm with salad for a tasty gluten free lunch or light dinner. Swap salmon with 185g can light tuna in springwater, if preferred.