This September 16 & 17, Victoria’s Great Ocean Road will again be home to Wiggle Amy’s Gran Fondo (Italian for a big bike ride). It’s Australia’s Grandest Fondo and there’s a stack of new events making it more exciting than ever before.
Now in its seventh year, Wiggle Amy’s Gran Fondo offers an impressive endorphin-inducing weekend of cycling to watch in awe or participate with vigour all on fully-closed roads with the spectacular natural backdrop that is the Great Ocean Road.
With events and distances to appeal to all in your family, from the youngest through to the most enthusiastic of cyclists, here’s a snapshot:
- Go Long- 45km Medio Fondo or 120km Gran Fondo with 2021m vertical climbing
- Go Short - 14km Family Fondosat both Lorne & Apollo Bay
- Go Gravel- 65km Amy’s Gravel Fondo - The perfect ride for those who want to take their riding off the bitumen and onto the gravel including 1,500 metres of climbing - ideal for those who prefer mountain or cyclocross bikes to road bikes.
- Go CycloCross- CycloCross racing takes to the Apollo Bay foreshore, yep, on the beach. This event will take place on Saturday 16 September, enabling entrants to participate in this event as well as one of the longer rides on the Sunday, or just take in the spectacle.
- Go Wall– Challenge yourself to a new feat, by taking part in Amy’s Wall – a hill sprint to add to the challenge - while only measuring 110 metres long, Amy’s Wall has an average gradient of 15% (yup, it's quite steep!).
Go Watch – Take in the atmosphere across the Wiggle Amy’s Gran Fondo cycling festival with so much to do and see for participant and spectator alike, including the Women’s & Men’s Subaru National Road Series events, with a new criterium course that now includes the infamous Amy’s Wall (wow! this will be exciting, bring the popcorn!!).
Don’t delay, continue training but remember to enter here.